This week I’m going to be short and sweet (aren’t I always ).
Seems that the home working craze is starting to wane a little – perhaps it’s not quite the panacea we thought it might be with many starting to feel a little frayed around the edges. So hopefully this week’s FIT Matters will help rebalance your thoughts and energies;
1. Remember, you are NOT “working from home” You are “at your home, during a global crisis, trying to work to earn your living”
2. Your personal, physical, mental & emotional health and well-being is more important than ANYTHING else right now, because your external world is a DIRECT reflection of your internal world – so you need to start from the inside-out
3. It’s perfectly acceptable that you WON’T achieve as much during your working day as you would if you were in your ‘normal’ working environment at this time. Do NOT try to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours – smarter NOT harder is the name of the game right now!
4. Be kind to yourself – get out of your own way and don’t judge how you are coping based on how you see others coping. Everyone is dealing with this unprecedented situation differently and there’s no right or wrong coping mechanism to employ – YOUR way is the BEST way for YOU!
5. Be kind to others – give them a break and don’t judge how others are coping based on how you are coping. We’re all dealing with this unprecedented situation differently remember – THEIR way is the BEST way for THEM!
6. Your success (and that of your team) will not be measured in the same way as when things were ‘normal’ – we’re now moving into a new World of Work (WOW!) and our success criteria will need to be adjusted accordingly to reflect this new normal WOW!
This is a GOOD thing, because…..
Until next week….keep FIT!