Not sure who deserves a medal the most, yet I stand tall & proud to admit I’ve been sleeping with my boss since we launched on Valentine’s Day 2001 and all in all, it’s been a blast – I mean, not many of us can own up to that sort of saucy claim now, can we!?
Today marks mine & David’s 30th wedding anniversary – quite an achievement when you consider it’s actually our SECOND marriage (for both David & I) AND we’ve been living & working together 24/7 for over 20 of those years 😲
The 30th Anniversary is known as the PEARL ANNIVERSARY because historically, wives were presented with pearls – and like pearls, couples who reach 30 years of marriage are seemingly rare nowadays.
A pearl is considered a symbol of beauty, which is cultivated over time, as it grows within its oyster.
It’s this beauty from within and the pearl’s scarcity that forms a special bond, similar to that which drives a solid 30-year relationship (apparently).
So, as David & I celebrate 30 wonderful years of marriage today, I thought I’d share a few PEARLS of wisdom of my own with you in this week’s FIT Matters….
MARIE’S 12 PEARLS OF WISDOM – 30 YEARS OF LIFE (& BUSINESS) LESSONS:
- You’ll NEVER fail until you stop trying – the only thing failure cannot tolerate is PERSISTENCE
- When things don’t go RIGHT go LEFT, because a bend in the road is NOT the end of the road, UNLESS you fail to make the turn
- If you want to SEE progress, look BACKWARD – if you want to SEEK progress, look FORWARD, because you cannot plan your future looking through the rear-view mirror
- You DON’T have to be GREAT to get STARTED, although you DO have to get STARTED to be GREAT
- The only place SUCCESS shows up before WORK is in a dictionary – and on the road to success, one thing’s for sure….there is NEVER a crowd on the extra mile
- IMPERFECT ACTION will ALWAYS outweigh PERFECT INACTION, because CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT is better than DELAYED PERFECTION
- You will ALWAYS miss 100% of the shots you DON’T take, so do that which you fear most – and the death of fear is guaranteed
- Forgiving someone enables you to stop that person renting valuable space in your head
- Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted
- Challenges & obstacles are sent to INSTRUCT not OBSTRUCT – so ask yourself the question: “what LESSON is there for me to learn?”
- If it doesn’t CHALLENGE you, it won’t CHANGE you – so don’t LIMIT your CHALLENGES, CHALLENGE your LIMITS
- And finally – NEVER get so busy making a LIVING that you forget to make a LIFE!
I also discovered that the 30th Anniversary is represented by the colour GREEN and its flower is the sweet-scented LILY, although far more fascinating than that… is the discovery that the modern-day gift for a 30th Wedding Anniversary is no longer PEARLS – it’s DIAMONDS 💎 #JustSayingDavid
Have a great week – and keep FIT!